Orthorest® makes every effort to ensure the best workmanship and only the finest materials goes into your Orthorest® product.
Please inspect your mattress upon delivery to ensure your product reaches you in its peak condition. Do not accept a faulty product to ensure you obtain the best experience from your Orthorest®.
Every Orthorest® mattress produced by us comes with a 12-Year Pro Rated Limited Warranty. The details of the warranty terms & conditions (T&C) are specified in your Orthorest® Warranty Information booklet. Please read the T&C carefully and should you have any enquiries, you may contact us at [email protected].
To facilitate further product warranty, please fill out the Warranty Card provided and mail it back to us or register online at Orthorest®’s website – www.orthorestworld.com. Please retain your receipt and warranty card with you during the warranty period of your mattress.
At first, your new Orthorest® mattress may feel a little different from the mattress you have been sleeping on. Don’t worry, you’ll soon become adjusted to the extra comfort, support and benefits that only a Orthorest® sleep system can provide.
Body Comfort Impressions
Small indentations on the surface of new quality bedding are normal whilst the upholstery filling is leveling to a final position and getting used to your body contour. This does not constitute a manufacturing fault. On a pillow top mattress, up to 35 mm height loss is considered normal. On a non-pillow top mattress, up to 25 mm height loss is considered normal.
Smell / Odor
There may be an odor common to new products upon opening the packaging of your new mattress. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for the smell to disperse naturally. Keep the room where the mattress is placed as well ventilated as possible.
Your Orthorest® mattress will provide you with years of excellent service if you follow these easy instruction care
A mattress is a big investment and rightly so as the quality of your sleep has a profound effect on the quality of your life and how well you function. Since we spend about a third of our lives sleeping, it is worth taking a few moments to keep it functioning at its best. The following instruction care steps are made to ensure you get the best out of your Orthorest® mattress.
1. Support your mattress. Ask for a suitable foundation. Do not be misled to believe that it is sufficient to buy a new mattress only after your present mattress shows wear and tear. Mattress failure or “wear out” is often caused by foundation failure. Your mattress foundation should have
a: Minimum 4 legged bedframe for a Twin or Full sized mattress
b: Minimum 5 legged bedframe with center support for a Queen sized mattress
c: Minimum 6 legged bedframe with center support for a King sized mattress
d: be no more than 8cm apart and 9cm wide for timber slatted bedframes
(Slats over 14cm wide may cause mildew by not allowing moisture to evaporate sufficiently)
2. Ensure the room is well ventilated and dry. We highly recommend that you protect your mattress with a high quality absorbent mattress pad. This will keep the fabric of the mattress fresh and clean. Never apply liquids of any kind to the mattress. In high humidity areas, you should use a device to reduce the humidity levels in the bedroom. If it is absolutely necessary to clean your mattress, use a dry clean cloth to wipe off any dirt or soak up any moisture. Another alternative is to vacuum your mattress.
3. Flip or rotate it every 1 to 3 months. It is recommended to rotate your mattress once a month for the first 3 months, and once every 3 months after that. Turn the foot of the mattress so it becomes the head. Next, flip it over. Rotate it the following period and flip it the period after that. If your mattress is a no flip design or one sided mattress, you won’t be able to use the other side for sleeping so just keep rotating it head to foot and foot to head. The result of these mattress acrobatics is that your mattress will wear evenly, free of the sags that come from constantly sleeping in the same spot. Even doing this every six months helps.
4. Keep your mattress clean. Change your sheets regularly: Simply changing your sheets on a regular basis (once a week in most cases), can help keep dirt from collecting on your mattress and becoming a breeding ground.
5. Never jump, stand or bend your Orthorest® mattress. Misuse of this kind could cause unnecessary damage and void your warranty.
6. Do not hold mattress handles or the edge of a mattress for mattress moving. Mattress handles and fabric could be torn out. When turning the mattress or moving it from one location to another you must support and lift from the bottom of the mattress. Mattress handles should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress. Mattress handles should be used only to position the mattress.
7. Never jerk your mattress as this can damage the fabric, zipper (if any), and even the mattress core.
1. The limited warranty covers only product manufacturing defects, which has been inspected and certified by Orthorest® personnel.
2. This local warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product only and covers only products purchased from an authorized dealer.
3. Your Orthorest® mattress will be replaced, repaired or provided a pro-rated allowance, at our option, if it is defective due to faulty workmanship or materials, for respective period (refer to * above) from date of purchase, subject to the limitations described in this warranty. Orthorest® reserves the right to substitute products and materials of equal or similar value at our available option at that point in time.
4. Over the period of warranty, repair or replacement of the mattress will be made as per pro-rated value below. The consumer shall bear the difference of the new mattress value and the credit value. The pro-rated value is 1/5th or 1/12th or 1/15th of the invoice price multiplied by the total number of years you have owned the bed:
- 1 Year : 90%
- 2 Years : 80%
- 3 Years : 70%
- 4 Years : 60%
- 5 Years : 50%
- 6 Years : 40%
- 7 Years : 30%
- 8 Years : 25%
- 9 Years : 20%
- 10 Years : 15%
- 11 Years : 10%
- 12 Years : 5%
- Over 12 Years: 0%
5. Warranty is effective whether mattress is purchased with matching foundation (eg flat based divan), or either mattress or foundation is purchased separately. However, use of an improper foundation may cause damage to the mattress and void this warranty.
6. Your Orthorest® mattress will be repaired or replaced at pro-rated value (transportation charges to and from nearest Orthorest® factory must be paid by the purchaser) during the lifetime of this warranty. Repair or replacement is at the option of Orthorest®. Consequential claims, no matter what kind and of what legal argument, in connection with this warranty, cannot be accepted. This warranty commences the day you take delivery of your Orthorest® mattress. However, the warranty period will not be extended or changed as a result of repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty or otherwise.
7. In the event you wish to make a warranty claim, first you are required to notify the retailer from whom you purchased your Orthorest® mattress. You must provide proof-of-purchase; therefore, you must retain your sales receipt and/or delivery receipt. There retailer will coordinate your claim with Orthorest®. In the event the retailer is no longer in business, or in the event you have moved a significant distance since the purchase of your mattress, write to Orthorest® at [email protected] for instructions on how to proceed with your warranty claim.
I. “Warranty”: the manufacturer’s assurance that certain standards will be met by the performance of the mattress for a specified period of time.
II. “Limited Warranty”: this indicates that the warranty provided does not extend to every possible situation. There are situations that are excluded; therefore the warranty is “limited” rather than “Unlimited”. No mattress manufacturer offers an “unlimited” warranty, because there are so many situations outside of its control.
III. “Pro-Rated”: if any problem occurs that is covered by the warranty during the term of the warranty, purchasers will be charged for any repair made or, if necessary, any exchange of the mattress at a specified sum.
IV. “Effective Mattress Life”: the effective life of the mattress is the period in which it is able to provide proper sleep support and comfort to its user(s).
Effective Mattress Life
How long is the effective life of your mattress? Actually, no one, not even the manufacturer of your mattress knows for certain. There are many variables (not limited to those listed below):
A. The weight of the user(s).
B. How many hours per night the product is used.
C. The usages of the product other than for sleeping (reading, TV watching, etc.).
D. How often the mattress is moved from one location to another and how it is handled and stored in transit.
E. Whether the mattress is being used with the foundation made for it.
The Better Sleep Council suggests that the average effective life of a new mattress is 8-10 years. That means some mattresses have a longer period, others a shorter term. However, when the mattress is 8-10 years old, you should inspect in closely then (and from the on) for signs of wearing out. Remember, your new mattress is its most effective in its first night of service to you. Every night afterward it loses a bit of its effectiveness, very slowly and very subtly to the point that you’ll realize that you’re not receiving a good night’s sleep from it. That’s the time to replace it.
1. This warranty is provided at the country of purchase to the original purchaser from Orthorest® Company or its authorized dealers/retailers and valid only for residential use commencing from the original date of purchase. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this warranty.
2. The manufacturer is responsible for no incidental nor consequential damages. Implied warranties are limited to the period of this warranty.
3. Orthorest® does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person’s health or medical condition, and makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing herein. Any adverse health reactions like suffocation from improper use of products is at the onus of the user.
4. Mattress foundation specifications, including appearance, may change without notice.
5. Claims that are not supported with a receipt and warranty card will be denied a refund, exchange or repair .
6. This warranty does not extend to normal body impression of 1.5 inches (3.8cm) or less. All mattress will show body impressions as the upholstery settles. This is not a structural defect covered by this limited warranty. The upholstery is intended to provide cushioning to an individual’s unique contours and body impression is unavoidable. In accordance to international standards, body impressions of 1½ inches or 38 mm is considered as normal.
The body impressions are formed because of the premium quality filling layers conform to your body contour after some time. These body impressions are a normal characteristic of premium bedding and indicate the comfort level is conforming to your body. These are not considered manufacturing defects. Apart from the above, the warranty does not cover the normal wear and tear like torn of fabric at the side border or at top panel due to negligent, rough handling of the mattress or any damages caused by standing/jumping on the mattress, abuse, misuse or negligence.
7. The chief cause of warranty voidance is the soiling of the mattress. Blood, urine or other stains void the warranty. You are sincerely encouraged to use a quality mattress protector for better protection.
8. In addition to the other exclusions stated on this page, Orthorest® specifically excludes from the warranty as below;
(i) small manufacturing irregularities that do not affect the performance of the bed:
Example: Length and width of mattress up to a maximum of +/- 2cm variance.
(ii) comfort issues relating to the consumers’ preferences. For eg. the firmness suitability of the individual.
(iii) defects due to causes by force majeure events and or events that are beyond our control like floods, fire, acts of God.
9. We reserve the right, without liability, to revise this Warranty.